Meat pies, meat pies! Get your meat pies here! Alright, all my Autoimmune/Paleo folks, here is a recipe just for you!
This meat pie recipe is essentially a spinoff of turkey burgers or breakfast sausage. These are great for cooking in bulk and throwing in a Tupperware for a quick meal anywhere. Not only are they delicious, but they’re super simple to make and pretty hard to mess up!
The pies come out to about two to three ounces of meat each, depending on how much you meat you stuff in each muffin pan. They are flavorful and healthy, with no trigger ingredients that will upset your tummy.
The coconut oil and flour gives the meat pies a sweet flavor and helps to bind the turkey into a pie-like consistency and the ginger grating is the perfect flavor enhancer for these yummy on-the-go protein sources!
Turkey Meat Pies
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
These hearty delectable morels of goodness can be eaten as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. Add a side dish of your choosing and enjoy!
- Lean turkey meat (I prefer 99 percent lean organic turkey from Whole Foods)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of pure Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour (or until you get your desired consistency)
- Ginger to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using your hands, blend the spices, flour and turkey meat together until everything is evenly dispersed.
3. Pour melted ghee and butter into the mixture and continue to blend well. Expert tip: If the melted butter is hot, don’t use your hands. Ouch.
4. Put a thin layer of 1 part coconut oil and one part coconut flour on the base of the muffin pan to prevent the bottom from sticking.
4. Roll the turkey mixture into a ball and press into the muffin pan like you would an actual muffin–hard directions I know!
5. Sprinkle a bit of ginger on the top to add some sweet and spicy flavoring.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and voilà, you have meat pies!